Sunday, January 13, 2013

Moderation

Moderation. Seems like a ... moderate word, eh? But after a long-term, well-after-New-ears Eve, hog-heaven holiday bender, it seems time to focus on the word, the meaning, the ... moderation.

Now, if only we could get our congress people to aim their sites toward the middle, which seems kinda like what moderation means. Then again, perhaps I should look the word up, make sure I'm even talking about what I'd like to be thinking about.

         (Google pause)

Yep, I'm spot on. Here ya go, according to Dictionary.com

mod·er·a·tion

[mod-uh-rey-shuh n] Show IPA
noun
1.
the quality of being moderate; restraint; avoidance of extremes or excesses; temperance.
2.
the act of moderating.
 
A few of things I'm thinking about moderating with myself, so that I can become more moderate:
  • food
  • temper
  • opinions
  • rest of leftover box of gift chocolate (above brand, "Nuts, chewy and crisp centers" blend--FAVORITE!)
  • how long I sit
  • food
  • thoughts
  • yelling at the tv, especially when they're talking about congress (refer to temper)
  • emotional eating (refer to food, temper, congress and yelling at TV)
 
Perhaps later this week I'll talk about LAVISHNESS. But right now, it doesn't seem like a good fit with MODERATION. It just seems more fun. Know what I mean? As in "the lavishness of the rest of the box of the chocolate gift". Which, as you noticed, is my favorite blend.
 
Doomed.
 
I think I shall become moderate about moderating tomorrow, my dear, after the last tongue-yumming melted goodness is swallowed. And I am even fatter and more miserable.
 
Determined again! Seriously determined!
 
In summation, if you were a betting person, where would you put your money?
 

No comments: